There are lovely sandy beaches to both the north (as can be seen on one of our header photos) and south of Brora. The one to the north was again awarded a 'Seaside Award' by 'Keep Scotland Beautiful' on May 30th 2015. More details from here and here. All year round it is a great place for walking and bird watching. Summer is especially good for paddling, swimming and sand castle building.
The beach to the south of the village, especially near the mouth of the Sputie Burn, is good for seeing seals.
|Winter is even occasionally good for cross country skiing!|
- 2022-01-22 Tain baker Willie retires after 51 years in the bakehouse
- 2022-01-22 Lockdown was a quiet and solitary life - with no parties.
- 2022-01-22 Recipe of the week: Slow-cooked Specially Selected Pork Asian-style stew
- 2022-01-22 Sutherland poultry keepers are being urged to remain vigilant around avian flu
- 2022-01-22 'Thin end of the wedge' as Highland Council no longer prepared to pay for Clyne War Memorial clock service