There are lovely sandy beaches to both the north (as can be seen on one of our header photos) and south of Brora. The one to the north was again awarded a 'Seaside Award' by 'Keep Scotland Beautiful' on May 30th 2015. More details from here and here. All year round it is a great place for walking and bird watching. Summer is especially good for paddling, swimming and sand castle building.
The beach to the south of the village, especially near the mouth of the Sputie Burn, is good for seeing seals.
|Winter is even occasionally good for cross country skiing!|
- 2022-12-01 Planned new Dornoch housing scheme faces opposition with neighbours claiming new homes will 'tower over' their properties
- 2022-11-30 Festive fun at Dornoch on Saturday
- 2022-11-30 Lairg prepares to welcome Santa and his reindeer at Winterfest on Saturday
- 2022-11-30 Nicky Marr: No magic wand for business crisis either
- 2022-11-30 Advice from NHS Inform can help to reduce hospital trips for 'slips, trips and falls'