There are lovely sandy beaches to both the north (as can be seen on one of our header photos) and south of Brora. The one to the north was again awarded a 'Seaside Award' by 'Keep Scotland Beautiful' on May 30th 2015. More details from here and here. All year round it is a great place for walking and bird watching. Summer is especially good for paddling, swimming and sand castle building.
The beach to the south of the village, especially near the mouth of the Sputie Burn, is good for seeing seals.
|Winter is even occasionally good for cross country skiing!|
- 2022-06-29 Latest figures reveal deaths greatly outstripping births in Scotland
- 2022-06-29 The Cairngorms will get lit up in August
- 2022-06-29 Invitation to join coastal walk at Golspie today as village considers flood protection schemes
- 2022-06-29 NHS Highland chairman slams 'deviant culture' that led to bullying
- 2022-06-29 Sutherland Women are hungry to win final and retain League Cup