There are lovely sandy beaches to both the north (as can be seen on one of our header photos) and south of Brora. The one to the north was again awarded a 'Seaside Award' by 'Keep Scotland Beautiful' on May 30th 2015. More details from here and here. All year round it is a great place for walking and bird watching. Summer is especially good for paddling, swimming and sand castle building.
The beach to the south of the village, especially near the mouth of the Sputie Burn, is good for seeing seals.
|Winter is even occasionally good for cross country skiing!|
- 2017-09-22 Staffing issues at root of problem for north west dentistry
- 2017-09-22 Kids get into swing of things at new KLB playpark
- 2017-09-22 Woman dies after being rescued from sea off Ullapool
- 2017-09-19 Man dies after being rescued from Cromarty Firth
- 2017-09-19 Police recover almost £150,000 worth of drugs